[ixpmanager] Upgrade to 4.8.0

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Thu Aug 16 06:58:45 IST 2018

The below is most likely because you've either run 'composer update' or
'composer install' without '--no-dev'. update is bad by the way, use
install. i.e. the correct composer command is:

composer.phar install --no-dev --prefer-dist

You later try to run selfupdate - which is fine but has nothing to do
with IXP Manager and you're trying to run it with IXP Manager sudo
settings which assume www-data ownership but you've previously ran
composer as root / other user and so have a permissions issue. Assuming
you have set $MY_WWW_USER and $IXPROOT, try:

cd $IXPROOT

chown -R $MY_WWW_USER: $IXPROOT/composer.phar
$IXPROOT/public/bower_components ${IXPROOT}/bower.json
${IXPROOT}/storage $IXPROOT/vendor $IXPROOT/var $IXPROOT/bootstrap/cache

chmod -R u+rwX $IXPROOT/public/bower_components ${IXPROOT}/bower.json
${IXPROOT}/storage $IXPROOT/vendor $IXPROOT/var $IXPROOT/bootstrap/cache

sudo -u $MY_WWW_USER bash -c "HOME=${IXPROOT}/storage && cd ${IXPROOT}
&& php ./composer.phar selfupdate"

# XXX careful here - want to delete everything in IXP Manager's vendor
directory:
rm -rf ${IXPROOT}/vendor/*

sudo -u $MY_WWW_USER bash -c "HOME=${IXPROOT}/storage && cd ${IXPROOT}
&& php ./composer.phar install --no-dev --prefer-dist"

Hopefully this will back yourself out of the corner you've found
yourself in.

All of these sudo's and permissions are awkward to my mind but the
documentation has evolved from IXP Manager user input to include these
explicitly rather than relying on user knowledge of permissions and
ownership.

  - Barry