[ixpmanager] (no subject)

Edrich de Lange edd at edd.za.net
Tue Aug 7 11:42:48 IST 2018

Hi All

We are having some difficulty using the route server prefixes
functionality with compare-route-server-prefixes.pl and thought it would
be wise to see if there was something obvious that we were missing.

We’ve converted one set of our route servers to use the ixpmanagers
generated configs for bird, and that’s working fine.  The
compare-route-server-prefixes.pl script correctly pulls in the routes
being advertised.  But it thinks that 99% of these are not accepted  (it
does show some as accepted, and some not advertised but accepted)
according to the frontend.  (Meanwhile, at route-server level, the
actual routes are being accepted, processed the route-server filters,
and propagated onwards correctly)

My perl is really sucky, so debugging this is also a bit difficult.  :-)
I can see it inserting the routes into the DB, all fine, but the routes
most get listed as “accepted but filtered” as opposed to “accepted
and advertised”

Debug output :
INSERT: peer-as: xxxxx, prefix: x.x.x.x/x origin-as: xxxx, irrdb: 0

Im assuming the irrdb:0 is what determines if its filtered or not. But I
can not figure out where that data comes from. Out of about 50 000
routes, there is about 15 that it says is accepted. (which is obviously
incorrect).

I have installed the perl libraries required, and I see no other errors
from the script. It sees all the peers, along with their announcements.
And if I run the command manually, it seems to be correct output:

root at rs2:~#  /usr/sbin/birdc -s /run/bird/bird6.ctl show route table
t_0130_as32437 protocol pb_0130_as32437
BIRD 1.6.3 ready.
2c0f:f178::/32     via 2001:43f8:1f0::121 on eth1
[pb_0130_as32437 21:09:48] * (100) [AS32437i]

And that prefix is definitely in the irrdb record
root at rs2:~# bgpq3 -b -6 as-thusaconnect
NN = [
    2c0f:f178::/32
] ;

Cluebat anyone?