[ixpmanager] IRRDB back-end not working

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Sat Sep 30 16:44:16 IST 2017

Kyle Spencer wrote:
> I think I better understand the issue now. Thanks.

Cool!

> I also think that your suggested solution is a good one: Essentially,
> turn on IRRDB filtering in IXP Manager, and remove IRRDB filtering
> elements from the BIRD config before pushing them to the daemon.

Exactly. It really just means adding an awk filter step to the update
script:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/blob/master/tools/runtime/route-servers/api-reconfigure-example-v4.sh

That way you can have the best of both worlds (filtered and not
filtered) with each pulling from the same IXP Manager instance and no
manual intervention required.

 - barry