[ixpmanager] Additional Virtual Interfaces Not Included In Auto-generated RS Configs

Andreas Polyrakis apolyr at noc.grnet.gr
Tue Sep 12 17:22:32 IST 2017

Kyle,

if you decide to keep two IP addresses for this customer, instead of
creating two connections for this customer, try to create a second VLAN
within the same connection. Assign the same VLAN ID, and the second IP.

This workaround works for us for years now. We use IXPmanager to
configure bird, and we also use birdeye, without problems. We also use
ansible to produce our switches configuration, this works great as well
(I mention this because ansible retrieves data through the API; adding
the same vlan twice on the same connection does not break the modeling).

Obviously this is a just a workaround, not an optimum solution. But we
have not run into any problems.

Regards,

Andreas Polyrakis - apolyr at noc.grnet.gr
GRNET NOC Technical Manager
Greek Research & Technology Network - http://www.grnet.gr
7, Kifisias Av., 11523 Athens, Greece
Mobile: +30 6972832445    Office: +30 2107474249   Fax: +30 2107474490