[ixpmanager] Bug in rendering of the Router screen

Mike Hammett ixp-manager at ics-il.net
Wed Oct 18 12:39:39 IST 2017

---
> What's curious (and the bug) is the lack of CSS when APP_URL points to a
> site that has a redirect.

This is not unusual in modern browsers: if the main site is https and it
tries to pull in non-HTTPS resources, the browser (current Chrome, and
same for Firefox afaik) won't even make the attempt to pull the resource
and so will not even see the redirect.

In other words: normal, expected and safe behaviour enforcement by your
browser.

You'll see the fails in developer tools if enabled.
---

Ah, the luxury of modern browsers not only making decisions for you, but not even telling you that it made a decision. I had a similar issue when Cloudflare-enabling my site.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange