[ixpmanager] IXPM4 to auto provisioning switches L2 ACL

Andreas Polyrakis apolyr at noc.grnet.gr
Wed Oct 11 10:00:11 IST 2017

Hello Remy,

We use ansible to fetch data from IXPmanager API and configure member
ports. 100% of member configuration is produced automatically:
interfaces and their descriptions, access lists, spanning tree, mac
filtering/mac lock etc.

I gave a presentation during the 29th euro-ix forum, which you can find here
https://euro-ix.net/m/filer_public/5b/ba/5bba493d-0e1e-47f1-8272-52c37cd74542/polyrakis_gr-ix_practical_ansible_automation_for_ixps.pdf
https://euro-ix.net/m/video/forum/29EF/29EF-Practical.Automation.for.Internet.Exchanges.using.Ansible.mov

Our code is targeted to our setup and gear (Juniper), which means that
you will need to modify it to fit your needs. Apparently, the IXPmanager
integrated automation will be more generic and will work
out-of-the-self, but if you need something that works today and you are
willing to get your hands dirty, we would be happy to share code and
experiences.

Regards

PS: I will attend the euroix forum next week; I would be happy to
discuss any automation-related topics with anyone that shares a similar
interest.

Andreas Polyrakis - apolyr at noc.grnet.gr
GRNET NOC Technical Manager
Greek Research & Technology Network - http://www.grnet.gr
7, Kifisias Av., 11523 Athens, Greece
Mobile: +30 6972832445    Office: +30 2107474249   Fax: +30 2107474490