[ixpmanager] Reseller support

Andreas Polyrakis apolyr at noc.grnet.gr
Mon May 29 07:54:49 IST 2017

On 05/29/2017 09:24 AM, Barry O'Donovan wrote:
> Andreas Polyrakis wrote:
>> I expected to hear that this is neither supported not simple.Maybe
>> others with more experience on reselling can comment on if this is a
>> scenario that needs to be addressed in the future -- or possible
>> workarounds (we consider creating second entries on IXPmanager for the
>> remote peerings of these members...)
> That /may/ work. In my head, it should be one ASN per member but there's
> no logic or database constraint on that.
>
>   - Barry

Oh, we already have two different members with the same AS (mother and
daughter company with separate networks, but still using the same AS).
This works great, including bird route servers (I am not about the
peering matrix, which we do not use)

But having a single entity with two different accounts is a different
story, and it is certainly a nasty workaround (user management, external
tools eg for billing etc).

Andreas

Andreas Polyrakis - apolyr at noc.grnet.gr
GRNET NOC Technical Manager
Greek Research & Technology Network - http://www.grnet.gr
7, Kifisias Av., 11523 Athens, Greece
Mobile: +30 6972832445    Office: +30 2107474249   Fax: +30 2107474490