[ixpmanager] Fwd: Issue with aggregate graphs

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Tue May 2 09:00:34 IST 2017

Hi Ajai,

Ajai Kumar wrote:
> The IXP manager version is 3.6.11 and now getting the following error

For aggregate graphs in <v4, a little bit of extra config is required.

For infrastructures, set the 'Aggregate Graph Name' for each
infrastructure (under IXP ADMIN ACTIONS / Infrastructures on left hand
side menu).

For the overall IXP, set the 'Aggregate Graph Name' for the IXP. This is
also accessed under the Infrastructures page via the grey box at the bottom.

> root at Inex2:/usr/local/share/perl/5.18.2/IXPManager#
> /usr/local/bin/update-l2database.pl <http://update-l2database.pl> --vlan 66
> SNMPopen failed: Unable to resolve the UDP/IPv4 address "switch_name"
>   at /usr/share/perl5/Net_SNMP_util.pm line 1580.
>
> I tried  putting the hostname as switch hostname but not able to get
> success.

The switch name must resolve in DNS. I appreciate we have name /
hostname / ipv4 address / ipv6 address in the switch table. This is the
result of 10 years of legacy which needs to be cleaned up.

Generally, set name and hostname the same and as long as you can ping /
SNMP query the switch on that name from the command line then you should
be okay.