[ixpmanager] New Feature: Patch Panel / Cross Connect Management

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Mon Mar 27 15:22:57 IST 2017

Hi all,

with thanks to our sponsors - ISOC, Netflix, SwissIX and others [1]  -
the first major new feature from our new full time developer (hi Yann!)
has been pushed.

One of the more difficult things for an IXP to manage is the sheer
volume of patch panels / cross connects they need to manage. We believe
we have now developed a feature complete and useful means of managing
patch panels and associated cross connects (including LoA generation,
email templates, etc.).

You'll find full documentation and features at:

https://ixp-manager.readthedocs.io/en/latest/features/patch-panels/

If you're already using v4 of IXP Manager, upgrade instructions can be
found at:

https://ixp-manager.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install/upgrading/

We're starting our own data fill at INEX this week and may add / adjust
features as we find gaps.

Thanks again to our sponsors!

 - Barry

[1] https://www.ixpmanager.org/sponsors.php