[ixpmanager] SNMPV3

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Wed Mar 22 10:25:55 GMT 2017

Kyle Spencer wrote:
> We are working to deploy IXP Manager V4 and wish to have it automate
> our MRTGs. Our switches are currently configured to use SNMPv3, so
> it's good to know that this can work if we edit the template.

Yip, that would work the two caveats are:

1) editing the template puts you outside of the IXP Manager prime code
base so you'd need to keep an eye on changes to the default template for
new features. E.g. we recently added graphing of broadcast traffic. In
reality, these templates change very little.

2) SNMPv2 will still be required to add a switch within IXP Manager.
Some other features that are not essential such as live port states will
also not work without v2.

Usually v2 and v3 can exist side by side on many switches iirc.