[ixpmanager] MTU

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Tue Mar 7 20:31:19 GMT 2017

Mike Hammett wrote:
> Is there a place to set the MTU? Of what, I don't know. I assume the
> VLAN. Trying to provision a port and getting an MTU error.
>
> I did submit an issue, but I'd imagine that really only Barry, Nick and
> the new guy would see that. Posting here in hopes that someone else sees
> it and runs with it.

Not much point in having a per-port MTU configuration setting at an IXP,
tbh.  The reason why is left at an exercise for the reader :-)

If you're running multiple VLANs off a single physical port, just
configure the MTU on the physical port to accept a 9000+ byte
l3-payload, and accept 9000 bytes on all vlans on that port.