[ixpmanager] Apache Virtual Host

Matthew Kurowski matthew at kurowski.org
Thu Mar 2 17:01:38 GMT 2017

Hi Anibe,

Normally the configuration file in that path will have an alias which will
map the Apache path to the local file system path. For instance:

 Alias /ixp /usr/local/ixp/public

This is what forces Apache to map attempts for http://<site>/ixp to work
and load the content from the filesystem /user/local/ixp/public.

This all assumes /etc/apache2/apache2.conf has:
IncludeOptional sites-enabled/*.conf

If you do not automatically parse that directory for configurations, having
one in that folder will have no effect.

Hope this helps,
Matthew

--
//The opinions and comments of this email are my own and not the views of
my employer.

Matthew Kurowski
www.linkedin.com/in/mkurowski

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 5:33 AM, Anibe Onuche <a.onuche at ixp.net.ng> wrote:

> Hello Nick,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> I have enabled my virtual host /etc/apache2/site-enabled/ixpmanager.conf.
>
> but do not know how to access my ixp manager with the URL localhost/ixp/
>
> Can you help with a step by step to achieving this.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Anibe
>
> On 2/28/2017 2:04 PM, Nick Hilliard wrote:
>
>> Hi Anibe,
>>
>> Can you explain what problems you're having?
>>
>> Nick
>>
>> Anibe Onuche wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Barry,
>>>
>>> Please can you help me with the process of setting up my virtual host on
>>> ubuntu 14.4
>>>
>>> With the  admin set up username and password.
>>>

>>> Thanks for all your assistance and help.

Matthew Kurowski
Mobile: 847.361.1880
VoIP: 224.552.0052

www.linkedin.com/in/mkurowski