[ixpmanager] Peak value and report of point to point connection provider

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Thu Jun 1 10:07:28 IST 2017

Hi Ajai,

Ajai Kumar wrote:
> We want to display peak value of our IX in home page of website. How can
> we get the peak value picked from IXP manager?

As long as you're using >= v4 of IXP Manager, Grapher will provide that.

Here's an example from INEX:

https://www.inex.ie/ixp/grapher/ixp?id=1&type=json&period=week

Two caveats:

1) we host IXP Manager under /ixp so you may need to remove that from
the above URL depending on your setup.

2) we make our aggregate graphs public (env setting:
IXP_FE_STATISTICS_PUBLIC=true - default). If you don't, you'll need to
use an API key to pull the above:

http://docs.ixpmanager.org/features/api/

> Can we manage details of point to point connection provider of customers
> connected at IX via IXP manager?

You mean metro-Ethernet providers? Best option here would be to record
the details under public (member visible) or private notes using:

http://docs.ixpmanager.org/features/patch-panels/