[ixpmanager] question re: compare-route-server-prefixes.pl

Athanasios Douitsis aduitsis at noc.ntua.gr
Mon Jul 17 22:15:12 IST 2017

Hello,

We were having a discussion with Andreas, which boiled down to the
question of why the
tools/runtime/route-servers/compare-route-server-prefixes.pl script
needs to access the Bird configuration file instead of querying the Bird
daemon directly. What we mean is that, since the configuration dictates
which prefix is eventually accepted or not, one might as well query the
master routing table directly from Bird and see which prefixes present
in the t_$vliidhash{ $asn } made it through. The rest of the logic
remains more or less the same, prefixes not accepted have irrdb 0,
accepted have 1, etc.

If there are any comments on this (Barry?), we would be delighted to
hear, er, read them. At GR-IX we use a slightly modified version of that
script, but we could conceivably make some contribution back to the
original one. But we'd like some opinions on whether this makes sense or
if there's something we are missing.

Kind regards to all,
--
Athanasios Douitsis
National Technical University of Athens NOC