[ixpmanager] Issues With Passwords

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Wed Feb 22 08:45:50 GMT 2017

Hi Levi,

Levi Pederson wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone is having any issues with the first login
> attempts on the v4 script install?

I've observed that on occasion the following /seems/ to fail:

ADMIN_PW_SALT="$( openssl rand -base64 16 )"
HASH_PW=$( php -r "echo escapeshellarg( crypt( '${IXPM_ADMIN_PW}',
sprintf( '\$2a\$%02d\$%s', 10, substr( '${ADMIN_PW_SALT}', 0, 22 ) ) ) );" )

But I cannot reproduce it reliably to fix it.

In any case, either of the following will be fine:

1) using the above and updating the p/w field in the database will work
around this
2) password reset option (pull reset key from user_prefs if you don't
have a working mail system)

Anyone know a reliable bcrypt hashed on Ubuntu that could replace the above?

> Sometimes I could login but then the issue withe broken hidden field in
> MYSQL was my nemisis (since been addressed).

Was this something we knew about?