[ixpmanager] Administrivia: change of INEX's legal name

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Fri Sep 23 19:52:15 IST 2016

Due to a legal requirement specified in the irish Companies Act 2014,
INEX changed its formal legal name yesterday from "Internet Neutral
Exchange Association Limited" to "Internet Neutral Exchange Association
Company Limited By Guarantee".  This name change was executed by a
unanimous vote at a properly convened EGM of the company.

This is relevant to IXP Manager because we pushed out a bunch of commits
earlier today to reflect this change in the copyright statements in the
IXP Manager source code.

This is purely an administrative name change: copyright of the source
code is still vested in the same company with the same company number at
the Companies Registration Office in Dublin, and the Memo & Arts of INEX
are exactly the same as before, except for this name change.

There's more information about the reasons for this change here:

https://www.cro.ie/New-Act-2014/Change-of-Company-Name
https://www.cro.ie/Conversions/Companies-Act-2014

There are are no other legal ramifications to this change, and it has no
impact on the legal status or copyright ownership of IXP Manager or any
contribution to the project.

But we figured it would be a good idea to give people a heads-up on this
so that there won't be any raised eyebrows.

Nick Hilliard
Chief Technical Officer
Internet Neutral Exchange Association Company Limited by Guarantee