[ixpmanager] Update on GitHub branches

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Mon Oct 17 20:14:00 IST 2016

Hi folks,

just a quick note on changes to GitHub branches as I shift stuff around
for an official release of v4 later this week:

master -> this is now the default branch and where developers push
changes. As usual, releases under v4 will be tagged off this branch.

v4 -> this was the development branch for v4 and it has now been removed
and merged into master (with --no-ff)

release-v3 - the 'old' master and the maintenance branch for v3 proper
(where proper != v3.8 - see below). This will be maintained only for
security fixes from here on in. I just stamped v3.7.5

v3.8 - this was only created because third party dependancies passed me
out before v4 was ready. Namely the Doctrine ORM project killed PEAR
support and so we needed to implement composer support in the v3 line.
This will not be maintained any more. See
https://www.inex.ie/pipermail/ixpmanager/2016-September/000834.html for
more detail.

I have also just stamped v3.7.5 which is really just an administrative
release to cap off the v3 branch. There is no need to install this if
you're planning to upgrade to v4. Details on the release:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/releases/tag/v3.7.5

Thanks a million,

INEX Operations