[ixpmanager] Route limit for RS conf generation

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Sat Oct 8 13:50:53 IST 2016

Hi,

> Where can I find the script that actually creates the RS config? I’ll
> see if I can modify it to behave the way I want it to and let you
> know if I succeed so that you can use it if you want to.

It's broken into different logical/OOP parts but mostly controlled via:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/blob/v4/application/controllers/RouterCliController.php

> A customer has a route object for /32 and then announces a /34 within
> that range, but they haven’t created a route object for it. How do I
> configure BIRD to allow those subprefixes?

What you'll want to do is skin the config - see:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/wiki/Skinning

and then something like (from the root directory of IXP Manager:

mkdir -p application/views/_skins/sthix/router-cli/server/bird
cp application/views/router-cli/server/bird/neighbor.cfg
application/views/_skins/lonap/router-cli/server/bird

then edit
application/views/_skins/lonap/router-cli/server/bird/neighbor.cfg

and, for example, change the line:

allnet = [ {foreach $prefixes as $p}{$p.prefix}{if not $p at last},{/if}
{/foreach} ];

to something like:

allnet = [ {foreach $prefixes as $p}{$p.prefix}+{if not $p at last},{/if}
{/foreach} ];

Although you'll probably want to filter anything >/64 (>/24 for v4) also.