[ixpmanager] mrtg issue

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Wed Jan 27 07:27:52 GMT 2016

Ajai Kumar wrote:
> I am getting error while adding cisco 2950 switch via snmp and getting
> the following error
> "Could not interpret switch system description string - most likely
> because no platform interpretor exists for it."

> Can some one guide on this issue.

Yes, that switch wasn't supported by the OSS_SNMP library we use to poll
switches. That has now been implemented (but not tested). If you upgrade
to the latest version which we just stamped this morning:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/releases/tag/v3.7.4

as per the instructions:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/wiki/Installation-09-Upgrading-IXP-Manager

this should be solved.

> Some error log as under

Possibly related to the above.

Once you have upgraded to v3.7.4 and if the below errors continue,
please email me (directly) the following file:

/usr/local/ixp/var/templates_c/25549ef3713b8e6ed5a7749cc70d38d4fae45cb3.file.aggregates.cfg.php

with a copy and paste of the errors.