[ixpmanager] Help me for installation IXP MANAGER

Rowan Thorpe rowan at rowanthorpe.com
Fri Aug 26 16:41:06 IST 2016

Hello Hassane, I'm CCing this reply to the ixpmanager mailing list and
presume you don't mind me quoting your direct email as you already
emailed the list with a more general request recently.

On 26 August 2016 at 17:28, HASSANE BINTOU SAVANE
<asavane at vdctelecom.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> we recently set up an IXP Internet Exchange Point called Guinea. and I just
> itself to your high personality is seeking your help, while directing me on
> running to follow. for I have seen your autoinstall.sh script, but when I execute, he asks me a username and password. please help me to have a very
> good procedure to install IXP MANAGER.
>
> thank you!
> HASSANE
> Technical officer

The only supported way to install ixpmanager (that I know about) is
the manual instructions at
https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/wiki/Installation

As ixpmanager has progressed by a major version-number, by now I
expect that old autoinstaller script would fail in almost every way -
so don't bother trying to use it. I wrote it as a convenience-tool
when I was doing multiple reinstalls 3 years ago, and only left it on
github as an archive/reference (and for copy-pasting script-fragments
from). Even then it was a first-release so it was very use-case and
version-specific (last tested against ixpmanager git-master at
29/08/2013). As no-one else used it and I didn't have time to maintain
it against ixpmanager by myself, it stayed that way. I replied this to
the mailing list in the hope that anyone who finds that autoinstaller
will read this in the list-archive before asking for help.

Having last used ixpmanager at a previous employer more than a year
ago, I can't be of much help generally, so feel free to reply just to
the mailing list address. Good luck with the installation!

--
Rowan Thorpe
http://twitter.com/rowanthorpe