[ixpmanager] Install IXP Manager

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Wed Aug 3 16:37:45 IST 2016

On 03/08/2016 15:25, Barry O'Donovan wrote:
> Bugger:
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/doctrine-user/_z_0AjBxG0Y/1ahw-IA_BwAJ
>

> Right.
>
> Looks like I need to polish and push v4 ASAP. I'm on holidays for two
> weeks from Sunday so, realistically, it's early September.
>
> Let me see if I can find a quick solution to keep v3 installable...

I've just pushed v3.8 into a dedicated branch and updated the
installation instructions for this:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/wiki/Installation-02-Downloading

Everything except that page remains the same.

The two main differences are:

1. checkout branch v3.8 instead of master
2. "Install Third Party Libraries" section uses composer

**NB 1:** Savane: you need to repeat the installation from scratch.
Steps 3, 4, 5, .. etc need to be completed after the above.

As the page says:

> Note that v3.8 was created as a temporary bridge pending official release of v4 as the Doctrine project removed PEAR support and so we needed to allow for Composer at the very end of v3's lifetime.

**NB 2:** people with existing IXP Manager installations should not
upgrade to v3.8. It's not an official release and not listed on the
releases page. It's just a quick fix for this issue.

**NB 3:** applications/configs/application.ini.dist has changed so this
needs to happen again:

cp application/configs/application.ini.dist
application/configs/application.ini

and configs changed as per the installation instructions.