[ixpmanager] Odd MRTG Reading

Mike Hammett ixp-manager at ics-il.net
Thu Sep 24 14:28:16 IST 2015

Should anyone be Googling for the answer:

http://mybrainhurts.com/blog/2006/11/how-to-remove-spikes-from-your-mrtg.html

For the number highlighted in red, put a number bigger than you should be seeing for real data. I went through and saw several eight digit numbers prefaced by a one, so I just put in 50000000. It cut off the spike and the graphs seem reasonable now. The yearly has a flat spoke for a couple months at the front, but that could be related to other things. *shrugs* That flat doesn't bother me.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com