[ixpmanager] sflow support on switches that only support ingress+egress

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Fri Nov 6 14:39:07 GMT 2015

On 06/11/2015 14:37, Rasmus Åberg wrote:
> Afaik IXP-M assumes sampling ratio is 8192, right?

Nope, sampling ratio is taken from the sflow packet information.

See script I linked to in previous email.

  - Barry

> Rasmus Åberg
>
> ---------------------
>
> *Stockholm Internet eXchange*
>
> *www.sthix.net* <http://www.sthix.net/>
>
> *rasmus at sthix.net* <mailto:rasmus at sthix.net>
>
> *+46 70 9968815*
>
> *#sthix @ IRCNet (nick: rasm)*
>
> *twitter.com/sthixnet* <http://twitter.com/sthixnet>
>
> *facebook.com/STHIX* <http://facebook.com/STHIX>
>

> On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 3:31 PM, Nick Hilliard <nick at inex.ie
> <mailto:nick at inex.ie>> wrote:
>
>     On 06/11/2015 11:10, Rasmus Åberg wrote:
>     > But those series only support ingress+egress in combination.
>
>     oh wow, that is totally retarded.
>
>     > And since it's
>     > mentioned as "support sflow" on the wiki page for sflow I assume it's
>     > compatible with IXP Manager in some way as well, or?
>
>     It will "work", but it means the traffic will be double counted.
>     Whether
>     you consider that as useful or not is up to you.
>
>     Nick

INEX Operations

Mob: +353 86 801 7669
Tel: +353  1 685 4220

| Open Source Solutions Ltd.    | INEX Operations Team                |
| 52 Sandwith Street Lower,     | Internet Neutral Exchange           |
| Dublin D02 WR26, Ireland      | Association, 4027 Kingswood Road,   |
|                               | Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24 |
| http://www.opensolutions.ie/  | http://www.inex.ie/                 |