[ixpmanager] sflow support on switches that only support ingress+egress

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Fri Nov 6 14:38:15 GMT 2015

On 06/11/2015 14:31, Nick Hilliard wrote:
>> And since it's mentioned as "support sflow" on the wiki page for
>> sflow I assume it's compatible with IXP Manager in some way as
>> well, or?
>
> It will "work", but it means the traffic will be double counted.
> Whether you consider that as useful or not is up to you.

Indeed. You probably just need some clueful alteration to the script:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/blob/master/tools/runtime/sflow/sflow-to-rrd-handler

E.g. if the sflow detail indicates rx/tx then you can just ignore all
tx. Or, and I haven't thought this one through, but statistically, you
could possibly just divide each sample byte count by 2.