[ixpmanager] Weathermaps [was: Re: RPKI Extension]

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Mon Jul 6 08:14:36 IST 2015

Simon,

As an aside, it's not considered a good idea to hijack another thread
for a new topic - please just send a fresh email with an appropriate
subject in future.

There is no weathermap functionality in IXP Manager except to embed an
existing weathermap for display.

The config extract below would just as weathermap link(s) to the
Statistics menu and take source weathermap image(s) from
weathermap.n.url where n is an incrementing integer.

We use the following to create our own weathermaps:

http://network-weathermap.com/

  - Barry

On 05/07/2015 11:01, Simon Vass wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone please tell me what the correct command line to generate the
> PHP Weathermap is?
>
> I am trying /usr/local/ixp/bin/ixptool.php -a weather-map.index -v -d
>
> and getting;
>
> PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  in
> /usr/local/ixp/application/controllers/WeatherMapController.php on line 49
>
> # grep weathermap /usr/local/ixp/application/configs/application.ini
> weathermap.1.name <http://weathermap.1.name>   = "Weathermap for Peering
> LAN 1"
> weathermap.1.menu   = "Weathermap - LAN 1"
> weathermap.1.url    =
> "http://196.223.25.xxx/weathermap/weathermap-lan1-plain.html"
> weathermap.1.width  = 900
> weathermap.1.height = 1200
>
> Anything missing?
>

> Simon
>
> On 18 October 2014 at 04:14, Jonathan Stewart
> <jonathan.stewart at gmail.com <mailto:jonathan.stewart at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 7:06 AM, Matthias Waehlisch
>     <m.waehlisch at fu-berlin.de <mailto:m.waehlisch at fu-berlin.de>> wrote:
>
>         Hi,
>
>            in collaboration with the BCIX we currently develop an RPKI
>         extension
>         for the IXP Manager. This extension checks if the announced
>         origin AS of
>         an IP prefix is valid.
>
>     Matthias,
>
>     I just want to say that this is a very cool feature that i'm
>     interested in, since we don't have any effective way of checking
>     route validity today except manual checks.
>
>     Cheers!
>
>     Jonathan
>

>     --
>           Jonathan

INEX Operations

Mob: +353 86 801 7669
Tel: +353  1 685 4220

| Open Source Solutions Ltd.    | INEX Operations Team                |
| 7th Floor, North Block,       | Internet Neutral Exchange           |
| Rockfield Central,            | Association, 4027 Kingswood Road,   |
| Dundrum, Dublin 16.           | Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24 |
| http://www.opensolutions.ie/  | http://www.inex.ie/                 |