[ixpmanager] Request: US States

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Tue Apr 21 21:17:46 IST 2015

Hi Mike,

On 18/04/2015 22:23, Mike Hammett wrote:
> Could "State" be added between city and post code? In the US, we have
> states between the city level and the nation level. There are many town
> names that exist in several states. Including the state as part of our
> address is standard.

Just FYI - we prefer to handle feature requests via Github issues.

We have six fields for addresses (3 'generic', city, postcode and
country). I think that's sufficient! You just need to make a policy for
how you want to represent state:

  - in the last of the three generics
  - in city as (e.g.): New York, NY
  - similarly in postcode

You can always skin the form to change the labels or add a label to the
third generic field.

Cheers,