[ixpmanager] Peering Matrix nuance?

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Thu Nov 27 09:29:54 GMT 2014

On 26/11/2014 21:29, Brian Thompson wrote:
> There doesn't seem to be bidirectional correlation.  I see AS2909 has
> AS40700 Green but AS40700 has AS2909 red.

No, there's no bidirectional correlation by design. This is probably a
throw back to when we used to do this via IRR route policies.

Once sflow detects the session in the other direction, you'll have
bidirectional correlation.

Nick - since we're grabbing established (TCP) sessions (i.e. ACK &&
!SYN, RST, FIN), would it make sense to add the inverse entry also? It
would make the time to build the peering matrix quicker.