[ixpmanager] Adding a Reseller Port

Paul Emmons paul at phoenix-ix.net
Fri Jun 20 20:42:53 IST 2014

Hi - We are extending our fabric to another datacenter.  We are connecting
to them over a 10g MPLS where we will create a vpls for each member at that
site.  This datacenter will be doing the layer2 switching function.

I am a bit lost here with the ixp-manager configs.   From a graphing
standpoint I am only concerned about the ram 10g port

I have resellers turned on in the API.  I have created an account for the
datacenter as a reseller.  The datacenter's port show up as a reseller port
and on the Physical Connection I can setup 1 vlan and set of ip addresses.

How do I assign a second customer of the datacenter and add ip addresses?

I take it should do a fan out port and create a separate vlan for each but
that will get messy in the long run. (But I'm not worried about traffic
stats per customer there via MRTG)

What is the best way to do this?

Thanks- Paul