[ixpmanager] LAG inter-switch connections

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Wed Jul 23 15:56:30 IST 2014

On 22/07/2014 13:11, Rowan Thorpe wrote:
> so I presume it is that IXP-Manager is presuming that all
> inter-switch connections are not LAGs. Is there some "trick" I don't
> know about to make this work? Or is it presently just not possible to
> monitor with IXP-M?. Both switches are Juniper EXes.

We certainly don't presume all inter-switch connections are not LAGs.
We're running different various instances of 4x10Gb, 3x10Gb and 2,10Gb
LAGs in production.

This section of the documentation should help: http://git.io/bleSzg

There was a lot of chatter about how Juniper names (renames?) interface
indexes / names / etc previously. It may be possible that these changed
for your ports once they became part of a LAG or something...

Either way - managing the graphing of core trunks is a manual process as
described in the above document.