[ixpmanager] New releases - v3.6.9 and v3.6.10

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Wed Feb 19 19:55:20 GMT 2014

Since v3.6.6 was announced two weeks ago, we have made two new point
releases:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/releases/tag/v3.6.9
https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/releases/tag/v3.6.10

These releases bring three primary new features:

* recording of switch serial numbers on the switch database (for
supported switches [1]);

* OUI database and display of OUI manufacturer alongside MAC addresses;

* flexible and useful search box for administrators.

You'll note that we have stopped using the CHANGELOG file and have
instead moved to GitHub's release manager (as per the links above).

GitHub's release manager allows us to track tags more efficiently, uses
syntax highlighting and hot linking of GitHub commit SHAs, issues, etc.
It should provide an all round better experience.

UPGRADING
==============

Please follow the instructions carefully and do not miss any steps:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/wiki/Installation-09-Upgrading-IXP-Manager

It is perfectly safe to go straight from v3.6.6 to v3.6.10 but **do
not** forget the schema changes required in v3.6.9.

  - Barry

[1] http://git.io/dmWA6g - in particular the vendor_ files at
http://git.io/XlLRxw must have support for finding the serial numbers.
This has been done for Brocade and Extreme. Use those as examples and
open pull requests for the others. See also issue 109 [2] and provide
similar information if you are not comfortable coding and opening a pull
request for this.

[2] https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/issues/109