[ixpmanager] SNMP Issue

Levi Pederson levipederson at mankatonetworks.net
Tue Dec 23 21:18:48 GMT 2014

Barry,

I am sorry if you feel i'm obfuscating any information.  I'm very
interested in getting this to work and therefore willing to give any and
all outputs (obfuscated of course based confidentiality) that would be
required.  A previous incarnation of the product was working in our system
(not more than 2 months ago) so I know the switches are responding
correctly.  I have an old beaten and mostly incorrect VM that can do snmp
requests towards the switches.  This Old VM's stability and capability are
currently suspect so I'm trying to start a new clean VM with a clean
install of IXP-Manager.

As you will note I've been running into many odd intricacies in the install
and quite possibly by fixing those I might be able to take care of my SNMP
get issues.

So instead of a help, help snmp fire request I have a couple
dependencies/installation questions.

For Ubuntu 13/14 what SNMP packages are required :

Do I need snmpd?

I've found that the *pear channel-discover* commands output a ton of errors
(OID errors) out unless I install "  *apt-get install snmp* "

Currently getting outputs and collecting logs for a better understanding of
my installation to get this amazing production working.

Thank you,

PS: Sending output snip showing OLD VM working with SNMP requests.

 snmpget -c winsnmp1 -On -v 2c  10.201.0.5 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2.0
   >  .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2.0 = OID: .1.3.6.1.4.1.2636.1.1.1.2.92

Thank you,

*Levi Pederson*
Mankato Networks LLC
cell | 612.481.0769