[ixpmanager] SNMP Issue

Levi Pederson levipederson at mankatonetworks.net
Mon Dec 22 16:43:53 GMT 2014

All,

First time user of inex/IXP and I am really excited about using it and all
it's capabilities.  I've run into a bit of a snag during install.

Installing on VM in XenServer 6.2
OS : Unbuntu 13

My first issue was that the perl channel-discover scripts were producing a
lot of errors this was fixed by installing snmp

*apt-get install snmp*

After that I did not get a single issue during install.

However, once installed and Finally Logged into the IXP Manager I was not
able to add Switches (more to the point ports(via snmp)).

When I Attempt to query a manually added switch I get (in red letters) SNMP
Error.

Can anyone shed some light to this matter?

Thank you for your time,

*Levi Pederson*
Mankato Networks LLC
cell | 612.481.0769