[ixpmanager] Port specific VLANs

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Sun Aug 24 11:05:27 IST 2014

Hi Joe,

> Just playing with sFlow in IXP Manager and as I have a bunch of peers
> that use port specific VLAN tags for peering it appears that it is
> ignoring the flows.
>
> For example IXP VLAN is say 60, but Peer1 has it translated to 555.
> Is there support for this as I can’t seem to find anywhere I can
> specify the tag on a per peer basis?

It supports VLAN tags for the peering LANs and also for private peering
VLANs (so members with private VLANs can see their p2p traffic also).

We don't do VLAN translation at the edge so we've never had to support
this. To actually support it would be a fairly major undertaking as it
would require a review and change to a lot of code in a lot of places I
suspect.

You should be able to work around it by translating the VLAN yourself at
this point in the code:

http://git.io/ry1yxw

If you have a second script that generates and maintains your member
VLAN mappings which outputs that as a Perl hash, you can include it in
the p2p file referenced above and then translate the vlan ID in the
sflow packet (using your example) from 555 to 60.