[ixpmanager] Do events get automatically triggered?

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Tue Apr 22 07:42:52 IST 2014

On 21/04/2014 23:25, Paul Emmons wrote:
> When a change occurs that would be part of the dns, bird or quagga
> configuration, does that script automatically run or is that something
> we need to manually do or do via a cron.

You need a cron job to trigger these. This is pretty much documented in
detail for each such system - e.g.:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/wiki/ARPA-DNS-Population

In practice, you'd typically have DNS, route servers, etc on different
boxes and so IXP  Manager could not trigger the update itself
automatically (in most cases).

As we move forward, we're switching / adding API calls for most of these
as well as the existing CLI versions.