[ixpmanager] update-l2database.pl not updating database

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Thu Sep 26 07:58:59 IST 2013

> Would definitely be good to use this a but more, perhaps in
> combination with the ARP table etc, so that members can see the
> current MAC we learn on their port.

This would be very easy to add in to the ports tab.

> We would also like to change our port security strategy soon, and
> ideally to allow members to see and change the permitted MAC address
> on their port.

We are also planning this at some point. I'm not so sure about changing
(as we generally require another quarantine period for new kit), but
allowing members to change could easily be an application.ini switch to
enable / disable the feature.

 > [and allow members to see and change] the reverse DNS

Yeah, it's as easy to bundle these two in together. Although we probably
handle on average one reverse DNS change request per annum - it's not
something people tend to change that often - so this would be pretty low
priority on our end. Also, I'd like to start seeing some forward DNS
checks on the reverse incorporated also.

> Is there a list of variables available in the skins, or is it easy to
> figure this out?

So, this is something on the documentation todo list (not that we've
been lacking in documentation this year! See http://git.io/4Vbzmw).

That said, you can figure it out pretty easily by looking a template
file and its corresponding controller / action.