[ixpmanager] update-l2database.pl not updating database

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Thu Sep 26 07:51:03 IST 2013

> In order to make this work, we either need to cook the entries here
> (which I think is probably technically wrong), or else update the
> entries in the ixp manager switchport database to use the ".0"
> variant.
>
> Maybe the way to fix this is to select all ports of type 53:
>
> ifType.622 = INTEGER: 6
 > ifType.623 = INTEGER: 53
>
> ifType 6 (i.e. "ethernet-csmacd" - physical hardware), whereas type
> 53 is Juniper's idea of the logical interface attached to the
> physical hardware.

Currently IXP Manager looks only for type 6:

http://git.io/YiQwkA

This appears to work for all switches besides Juniper.

> without the dot is the physical port.  With the dot is the L2 or L3
> interface.  If the number after the dot is zero, then it's a non
> .1q-tagged port.  If the number after the dot is >= 0, then that
> refers to the logical unit of the interface, which will often (but
> not necessarily) be the same as the vlan tag.

Nick - as you know, in IXP Manager we have SwitchPort ->
PhysicalInterface and the VirtualInterfaces being comprised of
VlanInterfaces and PhysicalInterfaces.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding "logical unit" but it seems you're talking
about an IXP Manager equivalent of VlanInterface here? If we allow these
in then it will not line up the with logic we currently have.

Maybe we should discuss offline? I'll be afk a lot today.