[ixpmanager] irrdb-cli.update-prefix-db IPv6 and AS-HURRICANE / AS-LAMBDANET

Thorleif Wiik [BCIX] thorleif.wiik at bcix.de
Sat Oct 5 12:17:53 IST 2013

Hi Martin,

> I can get the following to work ...
>
>   ./bgpq3 -6 -S 'RADB' -l pl -j 'AS-HURRICANEv6'

This also does not work for me (do you have a platinum RADB account ;-)

FATAL ERROR:Partial write to radb, only 16 bytes written: Connection reset
by peer

> I can also get this to work ...
>
>   ./bgpq3  -S 'RADB' -l pl -j 'AS-HURRICANE'

This works for me as well.

> (note there's no -4 flag ... how inconsistent). :-)
>
> When running your command ...
>
>   ./bgpq3 -6 -S 'RADB' -l pl -j 'AS-HURRICANE'

:-(

FATAL ERROR:Partial write to radb, only 28 bytes written: Connection reset
by peer

> ... there are results; but I don't think they would be correct. I'll
> check in a second.
>
> I guess there needs to be a way for players to define two macro's
> (v4/v6) per ASN.

This must me implemented in the Peering Manager, then.

> BTW: I tested this with "curl -L -o Atrato-bgpq3.zip
> http://github.com/Atrato/bgpq3/zipball/master/" to get a codebase on a
> mac.

I use the latest bgpq3 version: 0.1.19

> Martin
>
> PS: Tested via wifi at BA lounge at Gatwick airport.

Tested from http://bgp.he.net/AS20647

Regards, Thorleif