[ixpmanager] sflow daemon

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Tue Nov 12 13:28:57 GMT 2013

On 10/11/2013 16:04, Brian Thompson wrote:
> Can you please point me to where in the configuration steps
> "sflow-to-rrd-handler is daemonised" happens?

Hi Brian,

sflow-to-rrd-handler can either be run in the background
(sflow-to-rrd-handler &), or else can be started with the
control-sflow-to-rrd-handler script.

If you make sure that sflow-to-rrd-handler is in the path specified in
control-sflow-to-rrd-handler, then you can just execute:

# control-sflow-to-rrd-handler start

... and this should start everything off ok, assuming that the pathnames
are all correct.  If it works, it should return [OK], and you should see
two processes in the background: sflow-to-rrd-handler and "sflowtool -l".