[ixpmanager] Multi Macs

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Tue Jul 10 22:04:56 IST 2012

On 10/07/2012 20:10, Joe Wooller wrote:
> What should the infrastructure value be?

Anything you want >= 0.  We use infrastructures 1 and 2 for our dual LAN
configuration.

The more interesting question is why there was a check in there to make
sure it wasn't zero.  The answer to this lies in the first version of IXP
Manager (which I wrote, and which never made it to public consumption).  A
combination of sloppy parameter validation and mysql's tendency to be lax
about NULL and 0 meant that we had to check "infrastructure IS NOT NULL"
and "infrastructure != 0" in order to be sure that we were getting the
right values.  Anyway, Barry's ground-up rewrite of the entire front-end
codebase fixed that among many other problems, so there's now no need for
the check.

Being the lazy type, I didn't bother to rewrite most of the heavy lifting
back-end perl code, although it was refactored significantly from the
original form.  This bug was one of the artefacts.