[ixpmanager] Customer with multiple ports

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Sun Jul 8 14:12:20 IST 2012

> Just curious how  you handle peers that wish to pick up an
> additional port/ip/session. I tried adding an additional port to
> the customer in IXP-Manager but then their interface kept showing
> up as a trunk. Even though it was 2 x physical ports. Do you just
> add the customer twice?

The way it works is that customers can have multiple "virtual ports".

A virtual port in turn can have:

* one or more physical interfaces (where >1 means it's a LAG port);

* one or more vlan interfaces (where >1 means it's a tagged port on
multiple peering LANs).

So, to add more than one port to a customer just add more than one
virtual interface and then add a physical interface and a vlan
interface to that.

Or just use the 'Quick Add' function at vlan-interface/quick-add

 - Barry

> Cheers Joe

- --

INEX Operations

We're IPv6 Ready. Are you? http://www.ipv6ready.ie/

Mob: +353 86 801 7669
Tel: +353  1 685 4220
SIP: barry at opensolutions.ie
Fax: +353  1 685 4263

| Open Source Solutions Ltd.    | INEX Operations Team                |
| Lynx House Old Church Road,   | Internet Neutral Exchange           |
| Lower Kilmacud Road,          | Association, 4027 Kingswood Road,   |
| Stillorgan, Co Dublin.        | Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24 |
| http://www.opensolutions.ie/  | http://www.inex.ie/                 |