INEX is Ireland’s Neutral Internet Exchange, a membership-owned association founded in 1996, providing IP peering facilities for its members. INEX membership is open to any company whose business includes Internet transmission of content or services. There are currently 125 members.
INEX is seeking to appoint a Chief Executive Officer. Accountable to the Board, the CEO will be responsible for upholding the INEX mission, which is to meet and exceed all the Internet Exchange needs of its membership community, both now and in the future.
This role will be based in Dublin, Ireland. Reduced hours will be considered.
The key responsibilities of the role will be:
- Lead the development of the strategic plan, preparing plans and making recommendations to the Board;
- Display initiative while leading and managing multiple complex priorities effectively;
- Lead the organisation in a rapidly changing environment to take advantage of opportunities.
Relationship and Stakeholder Management
- Liaise and successfully manage relationships with key stakeholders such as our members, industry partners and government;
- Ensure that the INEX service delivery and innovation are on a par with the leading IXPs internationally;
- Actively promoting INEX, its ethos and attracting prospective members; both nationally and internationally at industry meetings and events;
- Liaising with other Internet Exchange organisations as required.
Focus on Performance and Delivering Results
- Directing the day-to-day operations of INEX to include dealing with all staff matters and employees and contractors engaged by INEX;
- Managing the career development of INEX staff;
- Be accountable to the Board for overall budget, income and expenditure;
- Prepare the annual budget in line with the strategic plan, and present to the Board for sign-off;
- Ensure the effective running of the organisation, including leading a staff of highly skilled knowledge workers, delivering exemplary IXP services operation and delivery, with finance, HR, and legal/compliance services implemented as necessary;
- Deliver effective ongoing operational management of the organisation. Report regularly to the Board on Service Level Indicators (SLIs), Service Level Objectives (SLOs), outages and operational performance of the INEX exchange relative to other similarly sized exchanges;
- Maintain and develop best practice management and governance practices;
- Dealing with members’ queries
- Represent INEX at industry conferences both in Ireland and internationally;
- Representing, and where needs be, engaging on behalf of INEX with Departments of Irish Government and all relevant bodies;
- Liaising with the press and general media.
Candidates will need to have:
- Experience of successfully leading an organisation with €500k+ turnover in any significant function (such as marketing, operations, or the technical function generally);
- Effective, proven leadership in a multi-disciplinary organisation in the public, private or not-for-profit sectors at a senior level with clear accountability for delivering results – ideally in an ICT environment;
- Experience of successfully delivering at a senior executive level and the capacity to work effectively with the Board;
- Strong managerial and organisational ability, including demonstrated ability to manage people, change, resources and corporate affairs;
- An ability to collaborate and work effectively with key stakeholders and have a demonstrable record of success in communicating, influencing and engaging at the both industry and governmental level;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with experience in internal and external communications, and the ability to manage critical relationships;
- Sound business judgement, the ability to identify and proactively manage risks and the ability to exercise sound and balanced decision making;
- A degree in a relevant area or a minimum of five years relevant leadership experience is required.
Candidates would benefit from:
- Experience of successfully leading an organisation with a minimum turnover of €1million
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector or working in volunteer based organisations.
The successful candidate must be willing to travel as they will be required to attend and represent the organisation at national and international conferences and events.
The successful candidate needs to be able to work in a social/semi-social environment; i.e. membership meetings and social events, and informal industry gatherings.
Please note that our third-party recruitment partner, RSM Ireland, are managing this recruitment process on behalf of INEX. RSM Ireland’s Privacy Statement with INEX can be viewed here
Informal enquiries may be made to Suzanne Bennett/Dearbhala Casey, RSM Ireland by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on (01) 4965388. A full information pack is available upon request by emailing email@example.com.
All queries will be dealt with the utmost confidentiality.